Performance Issue with imxg2dcompositor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issue with imxg2dcompositor

denizdayan
Contributor II

I'm trying to compose two videos and stream it to my PC over ethernet. Streams to be composed are:

1. A GUI created with Qt
  2. A videotestsrc sink (which will eventually be a live camera stream)

When video 1 and video 2 streamed over ethernet separately, output on my PC seems OK. But when I use imxg2dcompositor element to compose them, I see regular framedrops on output stream. Here is the pipeline I use :

gst-launch-1.0 \
 imxg2dcompositor name=d \
 sink_1::xpos=0 \
 sink_1::ypos=0  sink_1::alpha=0.99 ! \
imxipuvideotransform ! queue ! imxvpuenc_h264 ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.92 port=5003 \
videotestsrc ! "video/x-raw,format=I420,width=1024,height=768,framerate=25/1" ! d.sink_0 \
multifilesrc location=/dev/fb1 ! "video/x-raw,format=RGBX,width=1024,height=768,framerate=25/1" ! videoparse format=12 width=1024 height=768 framerate=25/1 ! alpha method=custom target-r=0 target-g=1 target-b=1 black-sensitivity=128 white-sensitivity=0 ! videoconvert ! d.sink_1

I thought the alpha element in the pipeline may be causing this, but eliminating it changed nothing. Also, after this issue, I tried the compositor element with two videotestsrc elements, and the same framedrop problem occured. Can anyone help me to find out what is wrong with this? Is my pipeline wrong or uneffective? Or is it a hardware issue?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi denizdayan

there are 2 separate plugin's : community gstreamer-imx plugins and
nxp gstreamer plugins, difference between community gstreamer-imx plugins and nxp

gstreamer plugins described on 

trac.gateworks.com/wiki/Yocto/gstreamer

Seems gstreamer-imx used in the case, it is supported by community.

Issue may be posted on meta-fsl-arm mailing list, so that someone familiar with it could try to assist you.
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Alternatively one can try nxp plugins described in attached Linux Guide provided in documentation

from i.mx nxp official software link

i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos