cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFU programmer doesn't work on LPC54618

phateee
Contributor II

Hello,

can me somebody  help me? I have a problem with DFU from LPC on the processor LPC54618:

The .bin file is normally copied to processor but:

1)DFU -  Operation after cycle: RESET  - NOT WORK

2)After restart the processor doesn't run.. - processor is dead

I have it too on LPC1837 and .bin files is copied without any problems . But restart doesnt work too...

It is originally program from LPC, but it doesn't work...

I need to do a update firmware by customer through internet (remote desktop)...

Thx

0 Kudos
18 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jan,

Could you tell me where you download the DFU programmer tool? I can't find it from our NXP website.

You can give me the download link, and make sure it supports LPC54618.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

phateee
Contributor II
0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your reply!

Could you tell me how you enter the DFU mode like your picture?

I just can get this picture:

pastedImage_1.png

I will do the test on my side at first.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

phateee
Contributor II

DFU1.png

dfu2.png

And you can try reset...

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

H Jan,

On my side, I even can't connect it in PROG mode.

I am not sure this tool can support the LPC54618 DFU program, I already help you to check it with the according people, any updated information will let you know.

Actually, I think you also can use the USB MSC function to download the .bin file to the chip flash.

pastedImage_1.png

I have test this function in our LPCXpresso LPC54618 board, it works OK.

If you have interest, you can try it.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

phateee
Contributor II

Hello,

I don't have any problem with the connection. I insert a usb cable to micro B - debug probe and it works...

Yes, I can use USB MSC mode, it works. But I need to go this mode, load a program and restart without pins, because I will load a program by customer per Remote dektop...and with this mode is not possible...

deska.png

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jan,

J8 is the debug port, if you use this port, you just can update the on chip LPC4322 DFU mode, not the LPC54618.

Take care, the on chip LPC4322 is the LPC LINK2 debugger, normally, it updated the debugger firmware with JLINK or CMSIS DAP, not the LPC54618 flash.

J2,J3 USB port is the LPC54618 chip USB port.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

phateee
Contributor II

Ok, thank you for info.

I think, that I have the possible with UART ISP also:

1) Go to UART ISP with InvokeISP function

2) Load the program per commands

3) Restart the procesor - I can set pointer in program to restart function...

But I am waiting for NXP support, because InvokeISP function doesnt works (I have the question too in the forum):smileyhappy:

I can try LPCScrypt and the program you can download to processor, but after restart doesn't work too...

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jan,

Missed you another question: I can try LPCScrypt and the program you can download to processor, but after restart doesn't work too

Just as I have said, LPCScrypt just download the debugger firmware, not the LPC54618 bootloader.

Now take CMSIS DAP debug firmware as an example:

1. Short JP5, connect J8

In devices and printers, you will find LPC,

40.jpg

2. Open program LPC-LINK2 with CMSIS-DAP in the LPCScrypt.

pastedImage_2.png

3. press any key, download the CMSIS DAP debugger firmware

pastedImage_2.png

Actually, you also can use DFU programmer to download the CMSIS DAP debugger:

pastedImage_1.png

4 remove JP5, power off and power on again, then your on board debugger is CMSIS DAP.

pastedImage_3.png

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

phateee
Contributor II

Hello,

I tried it and when I copy hex into procesor, verify operation is failed. And after restart processor the program is not running...

0 Kudos

phateee
Contributor II

verify.PNG

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jan,

Deselect verify, just download, then check your application code, you will find your app already work.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

phateee
Contributor II

Yes, when I deselect verify after programming, it works good...but I don't then, if the code is without errors...:)

thank you

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jan,

OK, I will do the deep research about the verify problem, actually, I also meet this problem :smileylaugh:.

Any updated information about this point, I will let you know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jan,

If you use the UART ISP, InvokeISP function works.

You said you are waiting for NXP support, I am your question owner, the InvokeISP function problem just happens in USB mode, I have the UART, it works. The USB question is still in the process.

You can write the IAP code to InvokeISP, then use FlashMagic download the code, you don't need to configure the hardware to enter ISP, I have tried it on my side.

IAP invokeISP to UART, the code is:

status_t Chip_IAP_ReinvokeISP( void )
{
uint32_t command[9], result[4];

command[0] = kIapCmd_FLASHIAP_ReinvokeISP; //57
command[1] = 0;
command[2] = 6; //usb 8// 6 usart
command[3] = 0;
command[4] = 0;
command[5] = 0;
command[6] = 0;
command[7] = 0;
command[8] = 6;
iap_entry(command, result);
return translate_iap_status(result[0]);
}

FlashMaigc can be downloaded from this link:

Flash Magic - Welcome 

Then you can use the UART ISP to download the code.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

phateee
Contributor II

Thank you for your informations.

I would like to try UART ISP, but I have to make interface between UART (processor) - USB(pc). Because of on the board OLIMEX13094 there is only connector for TX/RX.

Then I will try it...:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jan,

Do you make the IAP UART ISP work on your side?

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jan,

Yes, you should better find a TTL-USB tool, and connect it to P4.

This is my test result with flash Magic:

1. Modify the SDK2.2 flashiap code, Chip_IAP_ReinvokeISP, which I already post before.

Main code:

int main(void)
{
    uint32_t i, status;
    unsigned int t1=0,t2=0;

/* Board pin, clock, debug console init */
    /* attach 12 MHz clock to FLEXCOMM0 (debug console) */
    CLOCK_AttachClk(BOARD_DEBUG_UART_CLK_ATTACH);

BOARD_InitPins_Core0();
    BOARD_BootClockFROHF48M();
    BOARD_InitDebugConsole();

Chip_IAP_ReinvokeISP();

while (1)
    {
    }
}

2. Then open the flash magic

pastedImage_2.png

You can find the UART ISP works.

Now, you can generate the app.hex file, and put it in the step 3, I use the sdk gpio code as the app.

3. Download the code

pastedImage_3.png

4. After download code, press Go,

pastedImage_4.png

Then you will find your app works.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos