LCPScrypt 1.8.2 not working on ubuntu 16.04?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCPScrypt 1.8.2 not working on ubuntu 16.04?

fpo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I try to update the debugger firmware as described on Appendix B of Getting Started with SDK v2.0 for LPC546xx Derivatives.pdf.

I close the J5 and I reset the board. The DFU link is created. I can see the ttyACM0 in dev/

I am under ubuntu 16.04 (Linux DELL 4.10.0-33-generic #37~16.04.1-Ubuntu), I cannot  use LPCScrypt 1.8.2 with LPCXpresso54608.

I have installed it correctly, I have copied the udev rules.

Then, I try to launch the /scripts/program_CMSIS or program_JLINK but it still pending...

Linux shell example:

LPCScrypt - Commandline Environment v1.8.2 April 2017.

Connect target via USB then press Space.
Booting LPCScrypt
(ignoring exit dfu-util code 1 after successful operation)

On windows 7, everything is fine. I can launch the scripts, update  and play commands on LPCScrypt_CLI

I do not understand.

If someone has an idea how I can fix that to use LPCScrypt on Ubuntu with LPCXpresso board, It would be wonderful. Thanks a lot.

fp

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

aghoghoobi
Contributor I

Hi Francois,

I had the same issue on my openSUSE Tumbleweed system. However, I was able to solve this issue by the following:

1. Run "./program_JLINK" from the script directory as described. It will hang. This is the main issue.

2. Use CTRL+C to break and return control back to the console.

3. Run "./lpcscrypt print 0x1234" from the bin directory

4. Once again, run "./program_JLINK" from the script directory. It will not hang this time and proceed to completion.

This worked for my LPCXpresso54608, LPCXpresso54618 and LPCXpresso54628 boards.

Please post a reply if this works for you!

-Obi

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
Whether you can tell me which version of Ubuntu you had already illstalled:32 bit or 64 bit?
I'm looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

fpo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jeremy,

it is a 64bits version.

Regards

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Francois Poucheret,

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to recommend you to try again with the 32-bit version, as the I find the following statement in the Are there plans to release a 64-bit version of LPCscrypt? 

LPCScrypt continues to be maintained and a new release is planned for the not too distant future. Switching from 32bit to 64bit for the Linux version of LPCScrypt is under consideration, but not yet scheduled.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos