cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cryptography libraries for KL82Z

martir
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to use some cryptography functions in a KL82Z board. I'm using SDK_2.2_MKL82Z128xxx7 package.

I've seen and tried succefully the AES and DES examples for this board. But I need also some asymmetric cryptography (like RSA).

I've tried to work with mbedtls library but I'd say is almost incompatible with MCUxpresso configuration. In order to use mbedtls functions I have to add headers from arm-none-eabi, which these headers get incompatibilities with Redlib headers, plus some includes are missing (<sys/sockets>, <netinet/in.h>, <arpa/inet.h> etc...). Been trying to fix that the whole day but I think it's just wasting time, I just get error after error.

Is there some alternative to this library or someone has a compatible version of it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

juying_zhong
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Yes, there have some difference. they need license and arenot gcc compiler.

Did you bulid the SDK like as the attached picture? it could automatically add the mbedtls library project.

Best regards,

Juying

0 Kudos

martir
Contributor III

Hi Juying, I did build the SDK like you said and I finally could build the project with mbedtls benchmark and selftest examples.

The problem now is that some modules (like RSA) occupies too much and doesn't fit in the 128kB program flash. So I have to discard mbedtls for now.

The demos you commented, are that incompatible? Don't they use functions of fsl_ltc.h?

The MCUxpresso version has some approximate release date?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

juying_zhong
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If your project only requires to use AES/DES/RSA(no more than 2048)/ECC(no more than 512), we have a demo based on a simply small crypto library for verifying KL82's LTC module. At present, a little trouble is that the demo developed in IAR and Keil, MCUxpresso's demo is planning.

If your project also requires security protocol, we suggest that it is better to develop it on mbedtls.  

Anyway, is IAR/Keil's demo OK for your project? If yes, i could send the demo to you .

Best regards,

Juying

0 Kudos

barry2
Contributor I

Hi, 

I need to encrypt so bytes using the MKL82/81 as well.

Kindly send me the encryption example.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

barry2
Contributor I

I forgot to say

I am using MCUXpresso. If I must I can switch to Keil.

Thanks

0 Kudos

martir
Contributor III

Nice, send it to me then. Maybe it can be useful.

I'm not familiar with IAR/Keli, is it a lot of difference compared to MCUxpresso?

Thanks Juying!

0 Kudos