TCP echo example crashes (lwip_freertos_tcpecho)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP echo example crashes (lwip_freertos_tcpecho)

gewesp
Contributor I

Hi all,

I've recently started using Xpresso to develop an application using TCP connections.

We're using the NGX Xplorer 1830 board (LCP1837 MCU).

I tried the shipped lwIP examples, specifically lwip_freertos_tcpecho.  The only modification was the IP configuration for our network.

Unfortunately, the demo behaves very unstable to the point where it is unusable in practice:

* It crashes reproducibly if nmap -sn is run on the network.  Apparently the app is not designed to handle these packets, how to add support for this / avoid the crash?

* It randomly crashes during TCP connections, usually after entering 5-10 strings.  Closing the connection and establishing a new one after it accelerates the crashes.

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

If commercial support to resolve these issues is available, we'd happily buy it.

Best

--Gerhard

KISS Technologies GmbH

KISS Technologies - Home 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  Gerhard Wesp

One similar issue happened in Kinetis and fixed some time ago,  it is caused by discontinuous memory, maybe you can refer the below link for more details

FreeRTOS LwIP SDK v2.0.0 tpcipecho demo crash 

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

gewesp
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

thanks.  I tried the fix suggested (increase PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE), that didn't help.  The example can still be reproducibly crashed by running the following on a computer connected to the same network:

sudo nmap -sn 192.168.1.0/24

Best

--Gerhard

0 Kudos