AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom software on NXP Modular IoT Gateway

Question asked by tusori tibor on Aug 22, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2017 by Dhvanil Patel

Hi!

I am working on a project, where my target is to install a web server on the gateway and control the thread network / send messages to the nodes with it.

First i was developing on a RaspberryPi + external Thread eval board combo (host_controlled_device example project on it), and I used the HSDK, and its python wrapper for the CGI. It was ok, then i moved to the gateway.

Unfortunately i had to work with the full demo linux image, so i installed the web server and removed the BRDaemons init script, so that the demo program doesn't use the internal thread module. After it i moved my CGI and tried it. I have the following problems:

I was unable to send any CoAP messages using the according THCI python function in the HSDK. The request is ok, but the response contains the status code 0xf8, which is fairly invalid as far as i know. I understand that the demo uses tunneling for the communication so i have abadoned my first solution, and right now i am using the tunneling too, which works.

My other problem is the commissioning, because sometimes it doesnt allow the nodes to join (i added expedted joiner, started commissioner, and synced the steering data).

Sometimes i also experience that the internal thread node doesn't answer to some THCI frames.

My questions:

Does the THCI CoAP work for you?

Is there any other processes in the example project, that are controlling the internal node on the ttymxc5?

In general is there any known issues about using the python wrapper on the gateway.

The internal thread node (KW41Z) uses an older thread stack then to other external nodes. Can ot lead to any problems?

Sorry for the long question and my english. I am interested in any information about using the internal thread node for custom purposes.

Thanks,

Tibor

Outcomes