what replaces om13035

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what replaces om13035

ianbenton
Senior Contributor I

For ages now, I have been programming LPC devices from LPC XPresso using an OM13035. I need to buy another one, but it has been discontinued. What replaced it?

When it connects to LPC Xpresso, first is says "Link Server not found" before it goes on to connect to the OM13035.

What is "Link Server"?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you basically want a debug probe for use with LPCXpresso IDE, look at LPC-Link2.  This offers much better performance and capabilities than the original LPC-Link that was built into the early "stick" shaped LPCXpresso boards that have now been discontinued.

You can also get an LPC-Link2 built into the latest LPCXpresso V2 and V3 boards:

LPC-Link2 will also work just as well with the new MCUXpresso IDE too.

Note that the debug probe built into the new LPCXpresso1115-CD board that Soledad refers to cannot be used to program an off-board MCU (unlike the original LPC-Link).

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

The LPCXpresso™ LPC1115 is discontinued and replaced by the OM13087

LPCXpresso board for LPC1115 with CMSIS DAP probe|NXP 

Redlink (also known as Link Server) is the mechanism used by LPCXpresso to provide a debug connection down to a target MCU. It provides the means to connect to single MCUs or to multiple CPUs within the same MCU via a single debug probe.

Please check the below links for more information: 

What is Redlink? 

LPC-Link2 fails to enumerate with CMSIS-DAP firmware

Have a great day,
Soledad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos