cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO interrupt triggers only once

michelhayoz
Contributor I

Dear all

The ISR of a gpio interrupt triggers only once. I cleared the interrupt flag in the ISR and the interrupts are not disabled anywhere in the code. Does anyone how I can solve that issue? (I am using MQX 4.2 and the Vybrid VF61 Cortex M4)

Interrupt initialisation:

void gpio_init(void)

{

static LWGPIO_STRUCT temp_gpio;

lwgpio_init(&temp_gpio, LWGPIO_PTE14, LWGPIO_DIR_INPUT, LWGPIO_VALUE_NOCHANGE);  
    lwgpio_set_functionality(&temp_gpio, 1);   /*sets the gpio mux to gpio setting*/

lwgpio_set_attribute(&temp_gpio,  LWGPIO_ATTR_OPEN_DRAIN, LWGPIO_AVAL_ENABLE); 

lwgpio_int_init(&temp_gpio, LWGPIO_INT_MODE_FALLING );

_int_install_isr(lwgpio_int_get_vector(&temp_gpio), portE_int_handler , (void *)&temp_gpio);

_bsp_int_init(lwgpio_int_get_vector(&temp_gpio), 3, 0, TRUE);  /*initialize the interrupt and set its priority.  */
    lwgpio_int_enable(&temp_gpio, TRUE);  /*enable the interrupt for use*/

}

ISR:

static void portE_int_handler(void *pin)
{
     printf("interrupt happened\n");
     lwgpio_int_clear_flag((LWGPIO_STRUCT_PTR) pin); 
}

0 Kudos
2 Replies

michelhayoz
Contributor I

I found out that: the IRQC bits in the corresponding port control register PORT3_PCR13 are reset after the interrupt service routine has been executed. The routine "lwgpio_int_enable" restores the register but after a while it gets set to 0 anyway. I had a look at the implementation in the lwgpio_vgpio.c file but I could not find any obvious errors. Does anyone know where and why the register gets reset?

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Very weird. It is hard to locate the cause from your description, maybe resulted from somewhere else.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos