cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash uboot for T2080RDB-PC

mingxia
Contributor I

Hi,

I connected the freescale codewarrior USB TAP on the NXP board(T2080RDB-PC Rev C ) and tried to burn the uboot using flash programmer in order to recover the uboot by following the steps described in the NXP video "How to Set Up CodeWarrior® PA10" (the link to this video is How to Set Up CodeWarrior PA10|NXP ) . clicked the "Debug" button on CodeWarrior IDE 10.5 , then a problem occured shown below:

Error launching T2080SRAMDL2-core00_SRAM_T2080_Download
CCSProtocolPlugin : Failed to reset the target
 [CCS last error: T2080: HRESET occurred during transaction ]

I do not know how to deal with it .Another way is to make a bootable SD card for T2080RDB-PC. I have tried to burn the uboot image "u-boot-sdcard-2016.09+fslgit-r0.bin" created by the offical NXP QorIQ SDK 2.0 by using the linux command "dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdb bs=512 seek=2" in MicroSD card. I changed the SW settings for booting from SD card,  the console showed blank.

Can someone help me deal with the "Error launching" and show some advice on how to make a bootable SD card for T2080RDB-PC ??

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello MING XIA,

Please use the following command to deploy SD u-boot

dd if=u-boot-sdcard-2016.09+fslgit-r0.bin  of=/dev/sdb  bs=512 seek=8

set SW1[1:8] = '00100000', SW2[1] = '0' for SD boot

For programming NOR flash u-boot, I suspect there is problem with RCW on NOR flash to cause the hardware reset problem, please use CodeWarrior JTAG configuration file to override RCW on the target, for details please refer to the section "8.4 Setting up a remote system to use a JTAG configuration file" in C:\Freescale\CW_PA_v10.5.1\PA\Help\PDF\Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf.

For detailed procedure about flash programming, please refer to the document Flash Programmer for CodeWarrior Power Architecture.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos