I am having difficulty getting the linker to generate code for the 56F8345 using the LDM (long data model). Are there any suggestions for resolving this issue?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having difficulty getting the linker to generate code for the 56F8345 using the LDM (long data model). Are there any suggestions for resolving this issue?

bob_s
Contributor III

I can generate an "S" record if I choose the SDM linker model, but when I select the LDM linker model, no "S" record is generated.   Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Bob,

I do not think that "generating S recorder file" is related with the SDK/LDM modes, it is dependent on the tools configuration to generate the S recorder file.

I suppose you use CW for DSP56800E ver8.3 tools, pls see the following configuration, then recompile your application project, it is okay.

I attach the figure of configuring to generate S recorder file.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

bob_s
Contributor III

Thank you for your response, Xiangjun.  Pardon the lack of clarity, but I  was  using CW10.7, and for some reason my project (since I was picking up a project from another programmer who left) settings got messed up.  I have that now configured where I can generate both S records and .elf filles correctly for both LDM and SDM models. 

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi,

if you use CW for mcu ver10.x, pls check the screenshot which tell you how to generate S Recorder file.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos