cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP3 decoder for MCB4300 internet radio demo

nos1989
Contributor II

Hello,

I just got my MCB4300 board and I'm trying to get the internet radio demo working (Keil MCB4357 Evaluation Board and Internet Radio Solution|NXP )

The issue is that the MP3 decoder needs to be downloaded separately from the Helix community through this link, as stated by the demo documentation: https://helixcommunity.org/viewvc.cgi/datatype/mp3/codec/fixpt/  but the link is no longer active.

There's another post on this forum (https://community.nxp.com/thread/420447 ) with a similar request.  Unfortunately the answer did not help me because the link to the solution has been taken down.  Does anyone know of any alternative way of getting the correct decoder for this demo?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well, CVS is a little bit old fashioned, that's why they maybe switched it off. Unfortunately I can't see a direct replacement for it. In combination with the aria2c tool it was quite smart.

There is this site:

HelixCommunity - datatype: Project Home 

If you click on "Files" at the top of page you're asked for a login. Maybe if you have an account, you could still get into a file view and you can download them.

An alternative for you is a Google search,start with these keywords:  Helix MP3 decoder github

In case you find something, catch the files, put them into the right directories of the Internet Radio project, modify them according to the instructions and then start the compilation.

I never found the time to port it into LPCXpresso, now MCUXpresso, so you need the licensed version of the Keil µVision IDE.

If I find some time on the weekend, I will drop an 1.3 release here, which improves one or the other thing.

There is also a version for the LPC4350 board from Hitex available, as well as for the LPC4357 board from Embedded Artists. These two boards use the 7'' display module available from Embedded Artists and allow of course much more fancy stuff on the bigger display. Not that I implemented this fancy stuff, but it would be possible :-)

Regards,

Bernhard.

0 Kudos