Can we use codewarrior for writing the firmware for IMX6 solo application processor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use codewarrior for writing the firmware for IMX6 solo application processor

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi ,

I need to write the firmware for the IMX6 solo( application processor) based target board . Can we use the code-warrior for the same ?  or if there is any alternative of this which does not require any license , please let me know.

Regards,

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adytia,

NXP does not provide an IDE for developing applications with i.MX processors. However there are ways in which you can set Eclipse to work with you Kernel in order to develop your applications.

The first reference I can recommend is the book "Linux Driver Development for Embedded Processors" by Alberto Liberal de los Rios. This book explains in the first chapter how to set Eclipse to work with I.MX6QSABRE-SD.

The other references are the following documents:

Setting up the Eclipse IDE for Yocto Application Development 

Yocto Application Development Using Eclipse IDE 

I hope this help.

Best regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos