How to set the parameters in the S12ZVM_FOC_Sensorless.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the parameters in the S12ZVM_FOC_Sensorless.

Jump to solution
jiangfeng
Contributor III

Hi, Dear Daniel

Good Morning!

I can't drive my BLDC with the S12ZVM_FOC_Sensorless.

Could you tell me some ides or attentions about how to set the parameters in the SloopLoopAlgorithm and FastLoopAlgorithm subsystem to drive my BLDC run? Thanks very very much

Labels (1)
1 Solution
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi fengjiang‌,

Do you have a BLDC motor that you want to drive it with this Sensorless model ?

The model was developed for PMSM motors (still possible with BLDC but not optimal).

Do you have hall sensors on your motor? Perhaps you can start with much more simple sensored based application like this one: Example Model: S12ZVM Trapezoidal Motor Control 

This may give you a chance to get familiar with PWM, GPIO, ADC etc, to validate the basic concepts like driving the PWM and read the currents from ADC.

That would be the first things to validate on any application. Without the confidence that you can read the motor phase currents at specific time interval you have no solid base for a sensorless application that requires this information to build the speed estimator model.

You could also try to implement a sort of open loop control - i'm showing such approach in the Motor Control Lecture - in order to spin the motor freely under no-load situation. This would be helpful to have a mechanism to test the speed/position estimation needed for FOC control.

Once you fix all these - then we can discuss all the bells and whistles of the FOC Sensorless control.

Please keep us posted with your progress. In know that others will be interested. I know that edenli and dsytj88@126.com are also working on something similar. It will be nice to have some sort of round table on this topic.

Best regard,
Daniel 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi fengjiang‌,

Do you have a BLDC motor that you want to drive it with this Sensorless model ?

The model was developed for PMSM motors (still possible with BLDC but not optimal).

Do you have hall sensors on your motor? Perhaps you can start with much more simple sensored based application like this one: Example Model: S12ZVM Trapezoidal Motor Control 

This may give you a chance to get familiar with PWM, GPIO, ADC etc, to validate the basic concepts like driving the PWM and read the currents from ADC.

That would be the first things to validate on any application. Without the confidence that you can read the motor phase currents at specific time interval you have no solid base for a sensorless application that requires this information to build the speed estimator model.

You could also try to implement a sort of open loop control - i'm showing such approach in the Motor Control Lecture - in order to spin the motor freely under no-load situation. This would be helpful to have a mechanism to test the speed/position estimation needed for FOC control.

Once you fix all these - then we can discuss all the bells and whistles of the FOC Sensorless control.

Please keep us posted with your progress. In know that others will be interested. I know that edenli and dsytj88@126.com are also working on something similar. It will be nice to have some sort of round table on this topic.

Best regard,
Daniel 

jiangfeng
Contributor III

Hi,my dear friend

The advice you made is very helpful to me ! I will flow what you said above.

Thank you very much for your advice from my heart, Daniel.

0 Kudos