cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development time under yocto

christophe
Contributor V

Hi all,

We're using yocto to develop for a few weeks and find it very cumbersome. No trouble with the patch process and the general scheme of development. No, the problem is working with yocto is blatantly time-consuming... for nothing, spending time to compile and compile again full modules whereas only one file has been touched .

Yocto doesn't see a modified file and thus, the whole module has to be recompiled at each time. As it is often the kernel, it's very long. And seemingly, it's not possible to change this fact.

I'm very upset with this behaviour, and i wonder how to bypass it, if possible.

Some people suggest to develop elsewhere than in yocto. So, is there an obvious solution, that would be linked with yocto ? Or do we need to roughly copy sources into another development environment like Ltib ? Buildroot ? Other ?

Rgds,

Christophe

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christophe

it may be more suitable to post it to meta-fsl-arm mailing list,

so that yocto developers could try to assist you.
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale
Ltib is not more supported by nxp, also buildroot. For buildroot one can look on

Buildroot for the i.MX6 sabre sd platform in a few commands 

Buildroot for i.MX5 and i.MX6 - Boundary Devices 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

christophe
Contributor V

Thanks Igor.

0 Kudos