cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating PWMA and PWMB simultaneously with a MCU56F84789

aneflorez
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am currently using a MCU56F84789, programmed with CodeWarrior v10.5. I am trying to activate both PWMA and PWMB with all their channels, but although I don't get any errors from the program, it doesn't seem to work. Is it really possible to activate simultaneously (and synchronously) PWMA and PWMB in order to have 12 pwm signals?? Or is there any special module/component I have to include? Does anybody have any example of the coding? 

Thank you in advance,

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Ane,

In general, the PWMA and PWMB modules of MC56F84789 are independent, you can set the two modules register separately, this is called asynchronous mode. But the PWMA and PWMB can synchronize each other, this is called synchronous mode.

Now, what is your problem? do you develop code with PE or writting register directly? do you require synchronous or asynchronous mode?

anyway, i attach two examples for the PWMA, pls check them.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

aneflorez
Contributor I

Hy Xiangjun,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I want to generate 12 PWM signals, that is why I am using both PWMA and PWMB, in order to use all the corresponding channels. But i need them to be synchronized, so yes, I require the synchronous mode.

I write the register directly on the corresponding OnReload interrupt, for example:

PESL(PWMA, PWM_SM0_WRITE_VALUE_REG2, D);

PESL(PWMB, PWM_SM0_WRITE_VALUE_REG2, D);

But although the program doesn't seem to find any problems, i am not able to see all the PWM signals. I do see the signals corresponding to PWMA (GPIOs in J503), but I am not able to see the signals corresponding to PWMB (GPIOs in J501), so maybe i am doing something wrong?

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

This is the PWMB module example based on PE, pls refer to it.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos