cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding/including the M4 binary into SD card image created by Yocto build

niranjanbc
Contributor IV

Hi

anyone know how to add/include the M4 binary from particular path into SD card image created by Yocto build for IMX6Solox.

currently we copy M4 binary into Fat partition on SD card, i want to add this into SD card image itself when we do bitbake.

thanks

Niranjan

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

niranjanbc
Contributor IV

that is not i was looking for, i still want u-boot to enable and update M4.

all i want is when i do bitbake, we create sdcard image which 3 partitions .

where one is Fat partition with Zimage, dtb file. i want M4 image to be included into that partition.

so i dont have to copy manually.

thanks

Niranjan 

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You need to create a recipe in Yocto to add this file. Here an explanation:

How to include any files in rootfs with YOCTO 

Carlos,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

niranjanbc
Contributor IV

Thanks for information Carlos

but the recipes is for placing the file in linux root file system, not in the Fat partition boot space.

some how found the solution by adding below 2 line of script in file "image_types_fsl.bbclass"

mcopy -i ${WORKDIR}/boot.img -s ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${KERNEL_IMAGETYPE}-${DTS_BASE_NAME}.dtb ::/${DTS_BASE_NAME}.dtb
if [ -f ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/m4_qspi.bin ]; then
mcopy -i ${WORKDIR}/boot.img -s ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/m4_qspi.bin ::/m4_qspi.bin
fi 

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Niranjan,

To do this you must handle M4 application as a Linux Kernel Module (LKM).

The following post shows a good example of an application than runs as a LKM.

Running RPMsg Demo Applications for Multicore Communication with IMX6SX and IMX7D 

To add your custom LKM to munuconfig and to be built with the whole kernel you may look for general Linux literature.

2 good references are the following books:

Title: Linux Driver development for Embedded Processors

Author: Alberto Liberal de los Rios

Title: Embedded Linux Primer

Author: Christopher Hallinan

Best regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos