mfgtool2 can't detect imx6 device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfgtool2 can't detect imx6 device

xixiguohan
Contributor II

I compiled new uboot, uImage and rootfs images, and use Manufacture Tool to load and burn them.

After burned the new images, the system is running up, but mfgtool can't detect the imx6 device.

What should I do to make it still can detect the board after my own image run up?

Should I configure something in uboot and kernel?

What is UUC, where can I get this application?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Thank you for writing.

Probably, you are getting a little bit confuse. The only mode that manufacturing tool can detect the imx6, is using the serial download mode (you can access this mode changing the SABRE-SD SW6 to 00001100 ). That is why, after you downloaded the image, the manufacturing tool is not detecting your imx6. But, if you want to boot your new burned image, you need to change the boot switch to its respective configuration:

Change "Boot Switch(SW6)" to 11100110 (from 1 bit to 8 bit) to switch the board back to eMMC 4-bit boot mode.
Change "Boot Switch(SW6)" to 11010110 (from 1 bit to 8 bit) to switch the board back to eMMC 8-bit boot mode.
Change "Boot Switch(SW6)" to 01000010 (from 1-8 bit) to switch the board back to SD Card boot mode.

Furthermore, can you please be more specific with the UUC problem? What you mean with UUC?

Best regards,

Diego,

0 Kudos

xixiguohan
Contributor II

Hi Diego,

I described UUC problem in this quesion https://community.nxp.com/thread/455243

Regards,

xixiguo

0 Kudos