cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use mfgtool 2 to boot iMX7dsabresd from NAND

carlosbejar-col
Contributor I

Dear NXP Community,

I have an iMX7dsabresd board and would like to boot it from NAND using MfgTool V2.

I have tried mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-nand.vbs script provided in MfgTool V2, but failed.

I replaced the “sabreauto” with “sabresd” in the same script and I also rebuild Mfg Tools firmware (fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git) and updated fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx7dsabresd.cpio.gz.u-boot in the MfgTool. But still fails

These are the last lines from the console output:

UTP: received command '$ mount -t debugfs debugfs /sys/kernel/debug'

UTP: executing "mount -t debugfs debugfs /sys/kernel/debug"

UTP: sending Success to kernel for command $ mount -t debugfs debugfs /sys/kernel/debug.

utp_poll: pass returned.

UTP: received command '$ flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 0'

UTP: executing "flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 0"

flash_erase: error!: /dev/mtd0

error 2 (No such file or directory)

UTP: sending Non-success to kernel for command $ flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 0.

utp_poll: exit with status 65280

Is mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-nand.vbs the right file to flash NAND for iMX7dsabresd board or I need to create my own script?

I checked the iMX Yocto Project Guide, iMX Linux User Guide, MfgTool2 documentation, but was not able to figure out. Has any one tried sucessfully that can share the steps to flash NAND on iMX7?

Best Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the following may help

https://community.nxp.com/message/919978 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos