cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5643L DPM mode setting

subashr
Contributor III

#Hi, 

I am currently working with Development board KT33908MB with KTMPC5643DB (mother board and daughter board). I am trying to create a base code to switch on the led's on the mother board , operating the controller in LSM and DPM mode. I used "CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.10" to generate a code for DPM and LSM separately. In the DPM project, i configured the ports and wrote a simple code to toggle the led.

Now when i established the connection to the daughter board (PE Multi-link Universal JTAG and icdppcnexeus) i could see the message, "Processor detected in lockstep mode". I followed all the steps mentioned in some of the related posts to change between LSM and DPM mode.

1. Used progppcnexus to upload the s-record file and modified the value at addr 0xFFFE10(modified.s19). Erased the module, programmed it with the new s19 file, verified and Powered down the board. (script - Freescale_MPC5643L_1x32x4k_Shadow_Blk_Freescale_C90FL_Driver_031.PCP)

2. Now used the icdppcnexus to connect to the board. Again got the same message, "Processor detected in lockstep mode"(pic 1). And when i loaded the object file of my DPM project (RAM.elf), and gave GO, i got the below response(pic 2) (script : mpc5643l_vle.mac)

3. When i programmed the already existing s19(attached here) and then flashed my code, the code worked as expected. It checked for a switch press and toggled the pin on switch press.(pic 3)Once i power down the board and power up again, the board is in some unknown state and again i need to flash to get the output i mentioned. 

Kindly help me in understand what am i missing here.

(Note:I have kept the daughter board boot selection to Single Chip mode FAB - Gnd, ABS0,2 -Gnd ). 

pic1:

188303_188303.pngpastedImage_1.png

pic 2:

188304_188304.pngpastedImage_2.png

pic 3:

188305_188305.pngpastedImage_3.png

Original Attachment has been moved to: Existing.S19.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: modified.S19.zip

2 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, here you may find a description how to simply switch MCU between LSM and DPM modes with using of PeMicro debugger:

PEmicro - P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Develop... 

Here you may find start-up codes for both options:

Example XPC5643LKIT PinToggleStationery LSM CW210 

Example XPC5643LKIT PinToggleStationery DPM CW210 

Hope it helps

subashr
Contributor III

Hi davidtosenovjan,

Thanks for your reply. 

Here is my observation.

With the latest versions of ProgPPC and ICDPPC(ver 6.22.00.00) i could see the message "processor detected in dual-core mode". But with the same shadow flash data, ICDPPC(ver 1.34.00.01) gives the message "processor detected in lockstep mode". Not sure Why.

I flashed my DPM project as well as the example DPM code you had mentioned. Once I flash the code, i see both the cores running. But once I reset the board, the software doesn't run. Again I have to flash the project to see the same output.

What is the startup sequence that i need to follow to have a proper boot and software run 

0 Kudos