cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMASTER project on S32K144EVB

Jump to solution
davidklamer
Contributor II

I am working with the S32K144EVB and looking at the quick start guide (S32K144EVB-GSG), which shows how to use the FreeMASTER tool.  I connected as described in the document (pages 12-15), but it won't pull up the FreeMASTER OOBE project as described.  Is there a place I can find the project and load in manually?    Has this worked for anyone else?

Thanks for any help!  I haven't used the FreeMASTER tool before, but it looks like it could be quite helpful. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

to run the demo mentioned in quick start guide, it is necessary to load demo project to the board. Or you need to have brand new board because the project is burned to flash in factory.

See attachment – there’s s-record file for OOB demo and instruction how to load it to flash memory using S32 Design Studio. Then you can follow the quick start guide and it will work.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi davidklamer‌,

Yes, the FreeMASTER is working fine on S32K144EVB. You can watch a video here:  Video Link : 7526  starting @3.30. You need to pay attention the the RX/TX pins selected for UART port.

If you now more information about FreeMASTER capabilities you can have a look here: FreeMASTER - How To 

Hope this helps!

Daniel

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

to run the demo mentioned in quick start guide, it is necessary to load demo project to the board. Or you need to have brand new board because the project is burned to flash in factory.

See attachment – there’s s-record file for OOB demo and instruction how to load it to flash memory using S32 Design Studio. Then you can follow the quick start guide and it will work.

Regards,

Lukas

davidklamer
Contributor II

Thanks for the advice.  I think that I had the original load on there, but the OOB demo seemed to load correctly with your instructions.

The problem I still had is that FreeMASTER could not open the project link (see error screen shot below).  I opened the address given with a browser, copied the text and saved it as a project to my desktop; then I was able to open that project with FreeMASTER.S32K144EVB_Freemaster_error.png

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
davorin_mista
Contributor I

This problem still exists in Nov'2022 btw, I just tried following the S32K144EVB quick start guide and got the same error

0 Kudos