How to convert/compile/exchange zpscfg file to xml file using ZPS Configuration Editor in BeyondStudio

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert/compile/exchange zpscfg file to xml file using ZPS Configuration Editor in BeyondStudio

ngohuynhnhan
Contributor I

Dear everyone in community,

Currently, I'm stuck in creating new project using BeyondStudio for module JN5169. In JN-UG-3101 ZigBee PRO Stack
User Guide file, there is one page describing about full build process as the picture below.

BuildProcess.png

As I understand, after configuration ZPS and JenOS, BeyondStudio will by somehow create XML files and with command lines it create itself generation files (zps_gen, pdum_gen, os_gen). But after configuration using 2 tools plugin in Beyond (ZPS Configuration Editor, JenOS Configuration Editor), I do not know what is the next step to build in to XML file and how to create these files (zps_gen.c, zps_gen.h, pdum_gen.c, pdum_gen.h, os_gen.c, os_gen.h, os_irq.s) by command line utilities. My zpscfg file is configured as the picture below and I also checked the validate of this file too.

zpscfg file.png

I hope that someone can help me solve this problem. Thanks all in advanced.

Labels (2)
3 Replies

dheerajsawant
Contributor V

Hello Sir, 

I am new to this community and doing new interesting project related to RF Communication using JN5168 Module.

In one of the pdf i found Zps Configuration tool information,  please guide me. what is this and why its required.

I am looking for ZPS Configuration tool.  Where can i download this tool? please share me link or attached file.

Also if it is possible to explain what does ZPS tool do? and why its require? 

Thank You for your time.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dheeraj,

The ZigBee PRO Stack (ZPS) Configuration Editor is a graphical editor which runs as a plug-in within the Eclipse-based ‘BeyondStudio for NXP’ IDE. It is used to create a network configuration for a ZigBee PRO project, allowing ZigBee network parameters to be set.

11.2 Configuring ZigBee Network Parameters

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/JN-UG-3101.pdf 

1.2.3 Installing the ZigBee Plug-ins

ZPS Configuration Editor:

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/JN-UG-3098.pdf 

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Mario

ankitjain
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nhan,

There is no need to convert zpscfg file to xml file. zpscfg itself a XML file. and with command lines utility following files will be generated.

zps_gen.c, zps_gen.h, pdum_gen.c, pdum_gen.h, os_gen.c, os_gen.h, os_irq.s

Command line utility is available in Tools folder. command line utility should be called through make file.

I suggest to use any available Application note as a starting point.

Regards,

Ankit