Queries related to GPIO pin of IMX6ULL processor?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries related to GPIO pin of IMX6ULL processor?

ramesh6663
Contributor III

Hi,

What is the maximum drive current of the GPIO pin of IMX6ULL processor?

Please let me know your comments on LED circuit connection diagram as shown below

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please refer to the following :

Queries on IMX6ULL processor GPIO pin. 

Perhaps it would be better to connect the LED to a supply and then to the GPIO,

where driving a low on the PGIO will turn it on.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ramesh6663
Contributor III

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your response. As per my understanding GPIO pin maximum current should be 7.5mA. So the LED which I used has Vf=2V, If=20mA as per the current limiting calculation I used 3 times more resistor value 240 ohm so allowable current is 5.4mA to ON the LED with low intensity. So this circuit will work and I am worrying to use GPIO pin as sinking to the load (connect the LED to a supply and then to the GPIO). It may cause the more leakage current on the particular IMX6UL GPIO pin.

Do you have any technical concern on this?

Thanks

Ramesh

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Strictly speaking, it is needed to solve non-linear equation, using IBIS data.

Please look at considerations in the following thread : 

IMX6 IOMUXC Pad Control Drive Strength Field (DSE) - current vs voltage 

Regards,

Yuri

0 Kudos