cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature Grade of IMX6UL

umasundaram
Contributor II

Hi ,

We are using IMX6UL  processor in our design(both Industrial and Commercial) and we would like to read the temperature grade of the processor from its registers.

Can you please let us know which registers we need to check, to identify the temperature grade of the processor, as we could not get sufficient information from IMX6UL Reference manual.

Thanks,

Uma.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

umasundaram
Contributor II

Hi Gusarambula,

Thanks for the details.

We checked the register 0x480[7:6] for both Commercial (Top Marking: MCIMX6G2DVM05AA) and

Industrial(Top Marking: MCIMX6G2CVM05AA) grade processors.

1. We are getting the same value('10'- Industrial), for both the grade of the processors.

2. Also can you please let us know more details on  "hwv_fuse[263:262]" and "Market Segment[1:0]" ,referred above for i.MX6UL processor.

Regards,

Uma

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Uma,

It seems odd that you're seeing the same value for both parts. Let me see what I can find.

As for the other tags these come from the database where the fuse information was extracted but should not be required. It's basically an id given to those pins aside from the address and these fuses also reflect the Market Segment.

I'll let you know as soon as I have more information.

Regards,

0 Kudos

umasundaram
Contributor II

Hi Gusarambula,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please let us know, is there any update for the registers to be read, for the temperature grade of  processor.

Regards,

Uma.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Uma,

This would be the fuses for the Temperature Grade of the i.MX6UL processor:

0x480[7:6]hwv_fuse[263:262]262Market_Segment[1:0]2Indicating Auto/Ind/Comm market 00' - Consumer 0C to 95C (P/N Char 5D, 8D)SW MEM_TRIM_LOCK
'01' - Ext. Consumer -20C to 105C (P/N Char 5E, 8E)
'10' - Industrial -40C to 105C (P/N Char 7C)
'11' - Automotive -40C to 125C (P/N Char 4A,6A, 1A)

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Uma,

There are fuses that can be read to know the temperature grade of the processor. However, it seems these are not listed on the i.MX6UL documentation although it’s possible they are the same as in other i.MX6 processors. I’ll look for this information and I’ll let you know. Thanks for pointing out this omission!

Regards,

0 Kudos