cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interlaced Problem: HD - okay, SD - colour space wrong

robertspriggs
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using a custom i.MX6DL board based on the Sabre. I'm using the LDB driver, and our output goes from the IPU display port to an FPGA. I have a number of HD progressive formats working, and I also have these interlaced formats working 1080i50 and 1080i59.94. I have not been able to get either 480i59.94 or 576i50 working. I can get a properly interlaced picture, but the colours are wrong. It looks like I only get luma information, and it's taken incorrectly as chroma, so I see only green and violet, with dark areas of the picture as green and brighter areas as violet. Our FPGA is expecting UYVY16 format. What is different about the SD formats that I need to change?

Rob.

EDIT: This is a problem with our hardware, but if anyone needs to use SD formats from  the IPU there is a patch here: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-94019 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what bsp version do you use? and how is your test step?

0 Kudos

robertspriggs
Contributor I

Sorry Joan, I should have gotten back to this thread sooner. It turns out that our FPGA is treating SD formats differently than HD. Moderators can delete this thread if they want as I don't think it's of any use to anyone.

0 Kudos