cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for LVDS Display

chandankumar123
Contributor I

Hi ,

I will be using i.MX 6QuadPlus processor for one of out project.

I need to interface a 19 inch Display and a 32 inch Display using LVDS .

I wanted to know does LVDS interface supports  19 inch  and 32 inch display ?What is the max display size does it support ?

Also please let me know what are the drivers in the kernel needs to be enabled for using LVDS interface ?

Thanks,

Chandan

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chandan,

Could you tell me which version BSP are you using?

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos

chandankumar123
Contributor I

Hi ,

I will be using 3.14.52 version latest BSP.

Also i have been reading that ,above 2.6 BSP version there is DRM support instead of Frame Buffer for LCD's.

Can you please suggest me the max supported display size and resolution and also the necessary drivers required in 3.14.52 version.

Thanks,

Chandan

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chandan,

The frame resolution supported is up to 4096x4096 for input. And the i.MX6QP provide up to two LVDS interfaces. Details you can refer to the IMX6DQPAEC.pdf datasheet and iMX6DQPRM.pdf reference manual. About porting the LVDS diver you can follow the BSP porting guide and our commnity threads.

Porting LVDS LCD With Low Resolution to i.MX6 

imx6q and lvds.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos