Is there a command line tool to configure LPCXpresso projects instead of project/properties in the IDE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a command line tool to configure LPCXpresso projects instead of project/properties in the IDE?

chucktian
Contributor I

I am using LPCXpresso to work on LPC54114. However, it turns out whenever I want to change a settings in project properties, e.g. reconstruct the source files or change include paths. I have to change it both in debug and release modes. I have to do the same thing on several projects I am maintaining. Is there a command line tool to configure the projects instead of changing them in project/properties in LPCXpresso IDE?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Directly, no.

As ConVerse says, you can modify settings for multiple build configs at the same time - though this has to be done with great care (especially when some settings of a particular type are different).

You could also look  at the "liblinks.xml / Smart Update" mechanism described in : https://community.nxp.com/message/630594 . This uses the same basic xml description as the new project wizards accessed from within the Quickstart Panel (and found in the /Wizards subdirectory of your install). Unfortunately this isn't something we can provide user docs for though.

The other way would be to hand modify the .cproject files. If you do this, then great care is needed, and make sure the IDE is not running on the workspace being modified when you do it. But it is possible. And definitely make sure you have a backup, as it is very easy to break your projects.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

converse
Senior Contributor V

I don't know of a way to do this from the command line. But you can change all build configuration settings at the same time. In the project settings you can choose all build config instead of selecting debug or release. See is article by Erich Styger

Build Configurations in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse