cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Project for LPC1788 family with 7'' TFT LCD

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Girish M V on Fri Sep 05 06:02:06 MST 2014
Hi,
I'm very new to 1788 controller interfacing with LCD.
Can anyone share a sample project of interfacing 1788 family controller with 7'' (TFT) LCD.

Thanks in advance
Girish
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

h_bugragunes
Contributor I

Hi,

I am having a similar problem right now, as padmaja did encounter.

Here is my threat, newly created:

https://community.nxp.com/message/903396 

Could anyone can help me to overcome the problem?

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by padmaja on Wed Jan 13 21:46:02 MST 2016
hi,
i was working on uez product of uezgui-1788-70wvm. it contains LPC1788 interface with 7" WVGA tft capacitive touch screen display. Did

initialization of LCD controller registers,
      pin connections assigned,
      SDRAM starting address to LCD base address, 
      finally enabled LCD and backlight.
it show full white color means that light was because of  backlight right? after that i was tried to write lines display clear but nothing was done. I changed different pen colors also then also i didn't get any pixel variation means color change or something.
may i know the reason for this state? :(
One more thing is Frame buffer address. frame buffer address is LCD base address or local sram memory location ??
in put_pixel function i used ((win->fb + y * win->xpsize)[x] = color; ) this instruction at that time this win->fb need valid address otherwise it wents to hardfault_handler. How can i rectify this bug?

thanks & regards,
padmaja.
0 Kudos

atihaj
Contributor I

Hi 

I have same problem, have you had a chance to solve it?

Could anyone please help to solve it?

Thanks

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Sat Sep 06 13:08:21 MST 2014
OK. Maybe someone else in this forum will be able to help you set up your files correctly.
I know that LPCOpen has a Keil package, so maybe it's easiest using that one.
Unfortunately I have no clue on how it looks and what should go where, but I might be a bit better at the LCD-stuff.

You'll need to know something about your board.
There are several signals connected to your LPC1788 from the TFT display.
The interesting signals are mentioned in UM10470 section 11.5 (Table 206)
You will need to know what pins are connected on the board to which of those signals, because some signals can be connected to more than one pin on the LPC1788, and you'll need to set up the pin function registers for that. I recommend downloading all the files you find here.
Fortunately, the schematics are provided, so download those and check the revision of your board, so you'll be looking at the right schematics.

On the first page, on the left hand side, you'll find the signals mentioned in the UM10470, chapter 11. Those signals start with LCD and can thus be easily identified.
(Pins 70, 72, 74, 76, 78, 80, 82, 88, 90, 92, 154, 150, 142, 138, 136, 134, 132, 106, 102, 176, 170, are all interesting. I do not know if I mentioned all of them)

It does not look like HSync and VSync are connected. If not, you'll need to use the LCDPWR, LCDCLK and LCDENAB to control the timing.
The LCDVD## pins are used for transferring the colors Red, Green and Blue (see the UM10470 for details on this).

Regarding the display, you'll need to find out the display timings. What's interesting here are the following parameters:
Vertical Sync Pulse in lines
Vertical Back Porch in lines
Vertical Active Video in lines
Vertical Front Porch in lines
Horizontal Sync Pulse in pixels
Horizontal Back Porch in pixels
Horizontal Active Video in pixels
Horizontal Front Porch in pixels
Horizontal Frequency (in kiloHertz)
Vertical Frequency (in Hertz)
Pixel Clock Frequency (in MegaHertz)

You tell the LCD-controller those parameters, and it'll handle displaying each frame for you once it's set up.

You'll also need to decide a display base address. $a0000000 might be a good address if you have SDRAM there.

In UM10470, chapter 11, you have all the necessary info for setting up the LCD controller correctly. LPCOpen might have some subroutines / functions that will help you do this in an easy way.

So in short: When you've set up all the required registers in chapter 11 of UM10470, you should have a picture.
Your picture should initially contain a bunch of random pixels (because the SDRAM contains random data when turning on the board).
-So an ugly pixel-soup is a good sign, and does not mean there's something wrong with the display.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Girish M V on Sat Sep 06 10:53:51 MST 2014
HI Pac,
I'm using windows Platform.
I cant use GCC for this project, need to use keil only.

Anyways , if you find any help for my project please do share with me. I really appreciate your effort and time .
If any guidance in going further with the available sample project, got from these links will be very usefull as by Taking these sample project how to go further in developing the LCD interfacing with LPC1788 starting from initializing LCD driver, configuring necessary registers (all those stuff) required for bringing up 7'' LCD to display.

http://www.teamfdi.com/development-tools-kits/products/6/uEZGUI-1788-70WVM
http://www.segger.com/eb-future-uezgui-1788-43wqs.html

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Fri Sep 05 07:45:32 MST 2014
Good information.
-So you have a board already, and the LCD is connected for you. I assume they've chosen well, when they connected the pins.

I'm using GCC for my projects, so I do not know how it works with Keil, LPCXpresso or other setups.
-But if you're using GCC, I might be able to help you, otherwise, I will recommend that you listen to someone else, as I would probably be ruining your setup. ;)

The first thing you need to make sure that is working properly, is the software you're using on your desktop computer. I'm using a PowerMac, and am not a good choice for advice on Windows platforms. I might be able to provide minor help on Linux and the open-source tools.
But my advice is that you use LPCXpresso if you can.
I can think of three reasons to use GCC:
1: You're on a non-Windows platform.
2: You're going to share your work with someone who's not using Windows.
3: You want to port code which is already buliding under GCC.

But before I start giving you bad/incorrect advice, I'd like to ask if you're using Windows/Linux/Mac OS X (or something else).
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Girish M V on Fri Sep 05 07:25:13 MST 2014
Thanks Pacman for the reply,

I just found out NXP 1788 family interfaced with 7''LCD . Please refer the link below.

http://www.teamfdi.com/development-tools-kits/products/6/uEZGUI-1788-70WVM
http://www.segger.com/eb-future-uezgui-1788-43wqs.html

I downloaded the sample projects, But im not able to understand the structure of folders in driver level.
Can you please guide me how to start developing with this as I need to use this sample project and modify accordingly for my board.
Controller im using is LPC1788FBD208 to be interfaced with (7''LCD) NHD-7.0-800480EF-ATXL#-CTP which has the Built-in FocalTech FT5406 touch panel controller.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Fri Sep 05 06:34:55 MST 2014
Welcome to the world of NXP ARM microcontrollers and welcome to the forum.
You've made a good choice and I am sure you will enjoy working with the Cortex-M family. :)

Do you have a board or bare components ?

If you have a board, which board is it ?

As a start, I know that Olimex made a module and supply some software that can be configured to work with 7" displays.
See the MOD-LCD4.3 page.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any LPCOpen examples yet - it doesn't mean they don't exist though. (Maybe I wasn't thorough enough when I looked).
0 Kudos