Yocto Beginner - Build Errors When Layers / Recipes Added

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto Beginner - Build Errors When Layers / Recipes Added

windswept321
Contributor I
I have been trying to get a build up and running for the past couple of days following the latest official quick-start guide with no success (Debian 8 —> Debian 7 —> Ubuntu LTS…)
I want to have openssh, ntp, iptables, dnsmasq and hostapd added to the build. The meta-amd layer was added in case of there being anything useful for a GX-412TC Crowned Eagle CPU. It doesn’t seem to have any impact at the moment.

My bblayers.conf customisations:

/home/aaron/poky/meta-amd/common \
  /home/aaron/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-networking \
  /home/aaron/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-python \
  /home/aaron/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \

Each of these was added to the poky directory using git clone “link”. The last two are dependencies for meta-networking.

I have added the following to my local.conf:

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "openssh ntp iptables dnsmasq hostapd”

On running bitbake core-image-minimal I get the below error.
Is there something wrong with how I am doing this?

ERRORExpansionError during parsing /home/aaron/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-python/recipes-extended/python-pyephem/python-pyephem_3.7.6.0.bb
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/aaron/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/data_smart.py", line 386, in DataSmart.expandWithRefs(s=' ${PYPI_SRC_URI}', varname='SRC_URI'):
                 try:
    >                s = __expand_var_regexp__.sub(varparse.var_sub, s)
                     try:
  File "/home/aaron/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/data_smart.py", line 111, in VariableParse.var_sub(match=<_sre.SRE_Match object; span=(1, 16), match='${PYPI_SRC_URI}'>):
                 else:
    >                var = self.d.getVarFlag(key, "_content", True)
                 self.references.add(key)
  File "/home/aaron/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/data_smart.py", line 737, in DataSmart.getVarFlag(var='PYPI_SRC_URI', flag='_content', expand=True, noweakdefault=False, parsing=False):
                     cachename = var + "[" + flag + "]"
    >            value = self.expand(value, cachename)

File "/home/aaron/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/data_smart.py", line 410, in DataSmart.expand(s='${@pypi_src_uri(d)}', varname='PYPI_SRC_URI'):
         def expand(self, s, varname = None):
    >        return self.expandWithRefs(s, varname).value

File "/home/aaron/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/data_smart.py", line 400, in DataSmart.expandWithRefs(s='${@pypi_src_uri(d)}', varname='PYPI_SRC_URI'):
                 except Exception as exc:
    >                raise ExpansionError(varname, s, exc) from exc

bb.data_smart.ExpansionError: Failure expanding variable PYPI_SRC_URI, expression was ${@pypi_src_uri(d)} which triggered exception TypeError: getVar() missing 1 required positional argument: 'expand'
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

narayanacynixit
Contributor I

Python certification training course will help you master the concepts and gain in-depth experience on writing Python code and packages like SciPy, Matplotlib, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, Web scraping libraries and Lambda function. learn at more python course

0 Kudos

beckhandsome
Contributor I

Hi,

I have the same problem,have you solved the problem yet? Can you tell me how to solve it?thank you!

0 Kudos

yyuan
Contributor III

HI,I have the same problem too, have you solved the problem yet? Can you tell me how to solve it?thank you!

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aaron

please check

How to add a new layer and a new recipe in Yocto 

and follow host requirements described in attached Yocto Guide

sect.3 Host Setup.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos