Why S12 is secured?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why S12 is secured?

mezhanghanzhen
Contributor I

Error while loading diagnostics algorithm to target system. The chip may be secured , or the derivative selected may be wrong

l do not know what’s wrong

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI,

Could you please clarify your MCU derivative (MCU family) and used PCB board?

Does your board programming work in the past?

This error message means that debugger was not able to establish a connection with MCU.

The secured MCU may be one of possible root causes.

However, I would like to recommend to check the power supply, clock, and BDM connection first.

If MCU is powered correctly (high temperature typically signalize damaged MCU), the external clock is correctly configured (except newest S12 MCUs with CPMU module=internal clock) and the debugger is correctly connected (check BDM cable orientation,….), the security may remain as next possible root cause.

Did you configure any data in range 0xFF00..0xFF0F?

If yes, the MCU may be secured due to double bit ECC checksum error detection at this memory area.

More details about Security may be found here:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-93803

This document contains also a description how unsecure S12(X) MCU.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos