Build Error While Trying to Build "Hello World" Example.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Error While Trying to Build "Hello World" Example.

Jump to solution
peterbartels
Contributor I

I'm using Kinetis Design Suite and a FRDM-KL272Z dev board and am trying to run my first program on the KL27, which is "Hello World" from the examples folder of the SDK.

When I hit "Build All" I get this error:

Description Resource Path Location Type make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Freescale/KSDK_1.3.0/examples/frdmkl27z/demo_apps/hello_world/kds/../../../../../lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/KL27Z644/debug/libksdk_platform.a', needed by 'hello_world_frdmkl27z.elf'. hello_world_frdmkl27z C/C++ Problem

There are actually two make errors, the second one is:

Description Resource Path Location Type
make: Target 'all' not remade because of errors. hello_world_frdmkl27z C/C++ Problem

but I assume that it is related to the first. Please help, I am clueless here and do not know where to start. I am a noob at programming embedded firmware and the documentation to me seems a bit sparse. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

basically the error means that it does not find that file or does not know how to build that file. See as well No rule to make target | MCU on Eclipse .

In your case, I think you have not built that library? In the SDK 1.3 you have to build first a set of libraries which then are used by the projects.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

basically the error means that it does not find that file or does not know how to build that file. See as well No rule to make target | MCU on Eclipse .

In your case, I think you have not built that library? In the SDK 1.3 you have to build first a set of libraries which then are used by the projects.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos