cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[IMX6] Change Audio card on Android 7 using Sabresd Board

mayqueen
Contributor IV

Hello All:

As title, I boot success on Android 7 using HDMI mode, but the default audio card is wm8962 audio codec, so it's so creepy when I control the HDMI monitor but the sound output is from wm8962 speaker.

Anybody know how to change the default audio card on Android, I think maybe modify tinyalsa source on HAL layer?

Thank you!

Labels (3)
4 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The following may help.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-93745 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

You can look at the patch below which does just that:

tinyalsa: allow HDMI to be used as primary output/input device · boundarydevices/android_hardware_im... 

With that patch, if you set one property to 1 then the audio will go to HDMI:

$ setprop persist.audio.hdmi_out 1

Note that this property is persisten across reboot, you only need to set it once.

Regards,

Gary

mayqueen
Contributor IV

Awesome! thanks! BD is really a powerful contributor!

0 Kudos

wangxizhi
Contributor I

HI  May Queen:

I have some questions about  IMX6 SABRE board,  I port android N 7.1.1  with  IMX6 SABRE board(cpu imx6qp), Both the development board and the code are provided by NXP , I think the development board should work properly . but my code have so many problems? I think it must be something wrong with my operation,I want to know if there were any problems when you debug the source code,Can you give me some reference about how to port android N 7.1.1  with  IMX6 SABRE board? I looked at the documentation for the android_N7.1.1_1.0.0_docs folder, but it still didn't work out,Thank you very much!

0 Kudos