Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1313 SSEL pin as GPIO for SPI

Jump to solution
prachipanse
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to interface a microSD card to the SSP1 interface of LPC1313. The initialization sequence for the SD card requires assertion and deassertion of the SSEL signal, without any corresponding read write transaction. In this case, can the SSEL pin be used as required when configured as SSEL or does it require to be used as a GPIO?

I have referred to the https://community.nxp.com/thread/433611  link but have been unable to toggle for the initialization using both ways. Please let me know how this can be achieved?

Regards,

Prachi

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi prachi panse,

If you want to control the SSEL flexibly,  you need to configure it as GPIO.

The GPIO configuration is very simple, choose the function as GPIO, please also enable the internal pull up, configure the gpio directly as output, then control the according gpio to high and low.

After you configure it, you need to test it at first, whether the GPIO function is working.

Please try to configure the GPIO at first, if you are still not OK, please tell me which pin you are using, I will help you to check it.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi prachi panse,

If you want to control the SSEL flexibly,  you need to configure it as GPIO.

The GPIO configuration is very simple, choose the function as GPIO, please also enable the internal pull up, configure the gpio directly as output, then control the according gpio to high and low.

After you configure it, you need to test it at first, whether the GPIO function is working.

Please try to configure the GPIO at first, if you are still not OK, please tell me which pin you are using, I will help you to check it.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos