cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash the uboot over the NOR Flash

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi ,

I am working on IMXsolo based target board and in my design Serial (SPI) NOR flash is interfaced with the IMX6. NOR flash is supposed to be having the uboot . I want to know , how to program the uboot over the NOR Flash. Do I need  external SPI programmer or there is any other option in IMX6 using which I can flash the uboot over NOR Flash. Please suggest.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Aditya,

As you already mention in a different thread,  you can download the code of your media using MFG Tool,  How to use MFG tool to flash Uboot and Kernel on NOR Flash .   But you can flash the media in other ways like you are mention can be done with an external programmer which I think it is a best option for production in a fastest way.  But for development the MFG Tool, it is a good option.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi Jaime ,

Thank you for you reply. Just want to understand , if I go with the external programmer , what are the addresses at which U-boot and Kernel and rootfs need to be flashed ?

Regards,

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos