JN5168 - Power Consumption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5168 - Power Consumption

jianalai
Contributor II

By referring to the JN5168 datasheet, the power consumption of module for sleep mode as the following.

Deep sleep current - 100nA
Sleep current - 0.70uA

I have using the JN-AN-1175-JN516x-Packet-Error-Rate-Tool application and DR1174 evaluation board to measure the current consumption. I have put the sleep mode inside the cold start.

PUBLIC void AppColdStart(void)
{
/* Initialise the hardware API */

volatile int i;

vAHI_Sleep(E_AHI_SLEEP_DEEP);

/* Disable watchdog if enabled by default */
#ifdef WATCHDOG_ENABLED
vAHI_WatchdogStop();
#endif

/* Initialise the production test API */
u32JPT_Init();

:

:

}

I have followed the user guide to measure the current as the following.

2.4 Current Measurement
To allow sleep current measurements of the JN51xx module to be taken, the MOD PWR jumper should be removed (see Section 2.1 for its location) and replaced with a multi-meter.

The current of deep sleep mode is around 33 uA.

Why is it so much different between the current consumption mentioned on the datasheet and the value what i have measured?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jianalai
Contributor II

The problem is resolved. The power consumption is affected by the evaluation board. I can get exactly same value of current as datasheet when i directly measure the current from the module.

0 Kudos

davidashraf
Contributor V

jianalai‌ 
Can you tell me how could you do this ?

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please check the application note JN-AN-1001, this application note describes how to calculate the power required by an NXP JN516x wireless microcontroller running an IEEE 802.15.4-based application. The formulae necessary to calculate the time required to complete common 802.15.4 network operations are presented in conjunction with the electrical current consumed by the JN516x devices during these operations. Additionally, timings and current consumption information are provided for specific tasks. An example is included that describes how the information presented can be used to determine the battery capacity requirements of an application.

http://www.nxp.com/documents/application_note/JN-AN-1001.pdf 

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidashraf
Contributor V

but why the current measurement is different from the datasheet ? 

0 Kudos