FRDM 22F as USB host for MSD

Jump to solution
cwati
Contributor III

Hi there,

I'm trying to run either of the following example:
C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\usb_v2\example\host\msd\msd_cmd
C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\usb_v2\example\host\msd\msd_fatfs

I use the eval board FRDM K22F 120.  I could build and load the software after building all the necessary libraries:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\build\iar\bsp_frdmk22f120m (and psp)

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\usb_v2\usb_core\host\build\iar\usbh_mqx_frdmk22f120m

pastedImage_2.jpg

After loading, I connect the "Power Open SDA Debug micro USB" (the mini USB port closer to the side) to my PC and I could see the printf printed via serial port 115200 baudrate.  Then I plug in a dual-drive USB (that has been formatted as FAT32) into the K22F micro USB (the mini USB port in the middle).  But the Freedom doesn't recognize it.  No interrupt whatsoever seems to be generated.

pastedImage_1.jpg

I wonder if someone could help me, or point to the clearer documentation for this example project.  After reading some other posts for other boards I have some starting question such as:
1) Should I connect some jumper somewhere in the eval board before expecting this to work?
2) Do I need a "Micro USB OTG adapter" before plugging in? (At least the pdf here mentions I should use this adapter USB Host Project with KSDK 1.3 and Processor Expert )

pastedImage_4.png

Thanks,
Cecylia

0 Kudos
1 Solution
cwati
Contributor III

I found the Eval Board Freedom 22F Schematic and found that I need to connect Jumper J22 to make it a USB host.

From the reference manual it seems like the circuitry for Host requires additional connection (thus jumper J22 on the eval board).

After connecting the jumper J22 I could get DEVICE_ATTACHED and DEVICE_DETACHED event. =)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
cwati
Contributor III

I found the Eval Board Freedom 22F Schematic and found that I need to connect Jumper J22 to make it a USB host.

From the reference manual it seems like the circuitry for Host requires additional connection (thus jumper J22 on the eval board).

After connecting the jumper J22 I could get DEVICE_ATTACHED and DEVICE_DETACHED event. =)

0 Kudos