TWR-K53N512 in IAR-6.10.5: debug port undetected?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K53N512 in IAR-6.10.5: debug port undetected?

Jump to solution
jerrylian
Contributor IV

In IAR Workbench, I followed the "TWR-K53N512 Quick Start Demo Lab Guide" step by step!

However when I hit "Download and Debug", the PEMICRO Connection Manager shows:

Interface: USB Multilink, Embedded Multilink, or Embedded OSJtag

Port: Undetected. Disconnect/Connect USB cable. Click Refresh List.

Anybody know the solution?

Thanks!

Jerry

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jerry,

IAR-6.10 is really very older, I think maybe in that IAR version, it doesn't support  the OSJTAG.

Normally, we recommend the customer to use the new IAR reversion.

About the MQX quesiton, please create a new post, our MQX engineer will help you to solved.

I  am just the bare mental engineer.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
jerrylian
Contributor IV

Hi, Kerry:

Thanks, I have downloaded and tried the project: KINETIS512_SC\KINETIS512_SC\build\iar\gpio

* Under IAR-8.10: your project works well!  (I need to upgrade OSBDM/OSjtag firmware)

* Under IAR-6.10: I still got the error:            (I need to use original OSBDM/OSjtag firmware)

----- Interface: USB Multilink, Embedded Multilink, or Embedded OSJtag

----- Port: Undetected. Disconnect/Connect USB cable. Click Refresh List.

So, we can conclude now:

* IAR-8.10 is NOT compatible with MQX RTOS.

* IAR-6.10 does NOT recognize OSBDM/OSjtag port

Maybe there is something wrong with my operations, but hope NXP team can fix the bugs. 

Thanks again!

Jerry

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jerry,

IAR-6.10 is really very older, I think maybe in that IAR version, it doesn't support  the OSJTAG.

Normally, we recommend the customer to use the new IAR reversion.

About the MQX quesiton, please create a new post, our MQX engineer will help you to solved.

I  am just the bare mental engineer.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
jerrylian
Contributor IV

Hi Kerry:

Surely I will stick with new version IAR. And one NXP guy is dealing with "MQX" issue in a separate post.

Thanks!

Jerry

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jerry,

If this question is solved, please help to mark the correct answer to close this post.

Thank you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos
jerrylian
Contributor IV

Thanks Kerry:

I just did. I am new to this forum, and don't know all the tricks yet.

Jerry

0 Kudos
jerrylian
Contributor IV

Hi, Kerry:

Thanks for your detailed instructions!

I think I have installed PEMicro driver already, as I installed everything from accompanying-CD in kit TWR-K53N512. And it works well in CodeWarrior, but not in IAR-6.10, weird!

Actually I have already tried IAR-8.10, but when I open the workspace, I got another error:

"C:\iar-mqx\IAR8\arm\plugins\rtos\MQX\MQXRtosPluginARM.dll": the specified procedure could not be found."

errors.png

Have you ever encountered this error in IAR?

Thanks!

Jerry

0 Kudos
nitinhrish
Contributor III

IAR v 8.10 is incompatible with MQX, another proof here: https://community.nxp.com/thread/446933 

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jerry Lian,

Please try my attached TWR-K53 project.

Folder:KINETIS512_SC\KINETIS512_SC\build\iar\gpio

Your problem seems caused by your mqx project, so please try the bare metal project at first, just like my definition in the last email.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jerry Lian,

1, Please download the PE driver from this link and install it:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53 

2. You should better download a new IAR version, 6.10 is very old now, my IAR version is  7.8.

3. Please configure it like this :

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Please try it on your side.

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos