No source available for ""

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No source available for ""

eliebo-boliko
Contributor I

Hi everybody, I'm a new user of LPCxpresso IDE and I created  a new project. When I try to debug it, "no source available for "" " appeared on the screen.  I read lot of solutions about the site  but i don't reach to solve the problem. Can anyone help me. 

I put in attached my debug message, thank you in advance

Elie

Original Attachment has been moved to: debug-message.txt.zip

0 Kudos
6 Replies

eliebo-boliko
Contributor I
If you think it will not have an impact on my project later, it is good for me :smileyhappy:. Thank you for the support you gave me and have a nice day.
Elie Bo-Boliko
0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That message is almost certainly erroneous. I suspect that the debugger has at some point tried to access memory at a point when the PC was not "valid", and then tried to display the source related to the "invalid" address - which has triggered the edit box with the"no source..." message in it. Just close that particular edit box, and potentially click on the "main" in stack frame displayed in the Debug View at the top of the screen, and you should then be back in business.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

eliebo-boliko
Contributor I

Hi,

I' m using the lpcxpresso v2 board family (lpc11u37h). Now it works, i just change my settings to put my project on semi-host. But on the debug mode there is still this windows that appears with the message ( no source available for""), even if the debug works.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day too :smileyhappy:

Regards

Elie

no source available.PNG

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This issue means that the PC is not inside of your application, which normally means it is in the boot loader (you can confirm by looking at the PC register).

Being stuck in the boot loader could mean
- your application is not valid - the checksum has not been correctly set
- your board is not releasing ISP
- you have some other hardware issue on your board

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eliebo-boliko
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you Sol for your response, but I'm a newbie on programming, You've said that I 've to look at my PC register, but how can I do that? And for your other response, what am I suppose to do because I understand the problem you mention but I don't know how to solve them.

Thank you in advance :smileyhappy:

Elie Bo-Boliko

PS: I hope I'm not taking too much of your time.

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Could you please mention the device you are using and include a screenshot?

Have a nice day,

Regards

Sol

0 Kudos