cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMC_PMPROT not changing

laurenthenault
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm using a MKL17Z256VFM4 and I am currently trying to optimize the power consumption of the MCU.

I'm finding that when I try to change the value of SMC_PMPROT, either via processor expert or simply writing to the register, I never see the changes. Writing to SMC_PMPROT is done right after reset.

All the power management registers stay at their default values and I'm not sure what could be causing the issue.

Thanks for the help!

Laurent

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi laurent,

I don't have KL17 MCU, so I test the power_manager in SDK_2.1_FRDM-KL27Z on FRDM-KL27 board.
The SMC_PMPROT can be set.

SMC_PMPROT SDK_2.1_FRDM-KL27Z.png

Have you try to test the power_manager demo_app in SDK_2.1_MKL17Z256xxx4?

You may need to modify the setting of that project in order to test on KL17.

power_manager SDK_2.1_MKL17Z256xxx4.png

KL17 device.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

laurenthenault
Contributor III

Hello Robin,

I don't really recognize the IDE or code you are using. I am using KSDK_1.3.0 with kinetis design studio.

Using processor expert I have these settings.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

These settings generate this code.

pastedImage_3.png

And

pastedImage_4.png

After this the value of PMPROT still reads 0x0

0 Kudos

laurenthenault
Contributor III

This sequence ended up being fine, another module was setting up PMPROT before processor expert which blocked the write from processor expert since it wasn't the first one.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for sharing the root cause!
I recommand you using Kinetis SDK v2. You can download SDK_2.1_MKL17Z256xxx4 from here.

Select MKL17Z256xxx4.png

Download SDK_2.1_MKL17Z256xxx4.png

The power_manager project with Kinetis Design Studio can be found in below folder:

power_manager SDK_2.1_MKL17Z256xxx4.png

Since the Kinetis SDK will be replace by MCUXpresso SDK soon. Below information from "FAQ: MCUXpresso Software and Tools" maybe helpful:
I'm using Kinetis SDK today. Should I move to MCUXpresso SDK?

Kinetis SDKv2 users should continue using Kinetis SDK v2. Kinetis SDKv2 will undergo a change in name only – no architecture changes. So, you will be able to seamlessly move to MCUXpresso SDK when available.

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos