when I started running CW-TAP debugger for code warrior hello world C for bare board, I got the cw-launch error? Does anyone know how to fix it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when I started running CW-TAP debugger for code warrior hello world C for bare board, I got the cw-launch error? Does anyone know how to fix it?

hoanguyen
Contributor II

here are the steps that I did to cause this error

1) Connect the CW-TAP debugger according to the Code Warrior Hardware startup guide, able to ping the CW-TAP from host

2) Create a first hello world C project for LS1043a bareboard

3) Configure the Target Connection

4) Configure Debug Configuration and finally select Debug Button

I got the cw-launch error, not much information was provided.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

hoanguyen
Contributor II

I am using Code Warrior Development Studiofor QorIQ LS Series - ARM V8 ISA, v11.2.0.FSL_160113, Code Warrior Core IDE v12.0.0.201702070959, Code Warrior Debugger v12.0.0.201702070959 on a NXP LS1043ardb

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hoa Nguyen,

You could refer to the first section of this document  Use CodeWarrior for ARMv8 to Debug U-boot and Linux Kernel and Bring up Bare Boards to run the sample project.

If you problem remains, please capture the "Protocol logging Console" and send it to me to do more investigation.

Enabling Protocol logging can provide us important information to diagnose the problem. You can do this by going to Window > Preferences > Target Connection Configuration > Logging Configuration > Logging level : Debug, Enable logging to Eclipse console.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Which version of CW are you using?

Adrian

0 Kudos