cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC43XX: General Purpose DMA doc?

a_bet
Contributor IV

Hi to you all,
as I already pointed out (LPC43XX: Timer triggered DMA transfer? ) I'm having a lot of troubles using the GPDMA on LPC4370.
Searching the web I found this useful doc: https://www.mikrocontroller.net/attachment/28181/gpdma.pdf (attached below, also)
Unfortunately as you can read is "a draft full of errors", is there an updated version of this doc?
Or another resource I can use, I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

Thank you in advance.

Andrea

Labels (3)
Tags (4)
4 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrea Bettati,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 

for the opportunity to serve you.
I've amended the LPCOpen demo to meet your goal which setup the match event to trigger the DMA transferring.
And you can learn the detailed reply in the https://community.nxp.com/thread/446219
Have a great day!

Best regards,

Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

a_bet
Contributor IV

Hi jeremyzhou‌ thanks for the reply. I think that this peripheral is complex: other company have Application Notes about the functioning of their DMAs, are there some resources of this kind from NXP regarding the GPDMA in LPC43XX?

0 Kudos

leecoakley
Contributor III

Old question, but for the benefit of those searching - which was me last week! - here is a link to the ARM documentation for the GPDMA block (PL080).  It goes into considerable detail and I was able to implement a nice driver based on this and the NXP docs.

a_bet
Contributor IV

Oh man if I only had found this while working on my thesis...

0 Kudos