vProfiler in android and GPU frequency and Load

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vProfiler in android and GPU frequency and Load

oussamadjedidi
Contributor II

I need to sample the vivante GPU load and frequency in i.MX 6 SoloX but the kernel doesn't give me access to any of the GPU variables. I tried activating the vProfiler as noted in the i.MX 6 Graphics User’s Guide but I cannot find ANYWHERE "Vivante Driver Development Guide" nor “How to Build the GCCORE Drivers for Android Platform.”

Moreover, there is no "install-recovery.sh" in which I can add the needed : 

#!/system/bin/sh
#
insmod /system/lib/modules/galcore.ko gpuProfiler=1 [OPTIONS]
chmod 777 /dev/graphics/*

Finally, is there a way to read the GPU frequency and load ? Very urgent please.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The environment variable VIV_PROFILE can be used to enable or disable vProfiler. By default, vProfiler is disabled in the driver. The command below will enable vProfiler. Set VIV_PROFILE equal to 0 to disable vProfiler. export VIV_PROFILE=1

To enable vProfiler Option in Kernel only need to add a sentence "galcore.gpuProfiler=1" in the attribute of bootargs in your boot configuration. For example, we can configuration bootargs like: setenv bootargs 'console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off vmalloc=400M androidboot.console=ttymxc0 consoleblank=0 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=512M androidboot.serialno=1e09a1d4d72d78a9 galcore.gpuProfiler=1'.

In general suggestion and general procedure to enable vprofiler and vanalizer could be found in the VDK documentation.

i.MX6Q|i.MX 6Quad Processors|Quad Core|NXP 

Regards

0 Kudos

yuchaohsu
Contributor II

Dear Bio

Do you mean we don't need to modify Android BSP code but only set galcore.gpuProfiler=1 can enable the vProfiler?

Just tried to set it in my boot command, but the command "$setprop VIV_PROFILE 1" still can generator nothing...

And seems there have no onProperty change can be found in the init*.rc for VIV_PROFILE, VP_OUTPUT, ...etc

0 Kudos