cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating voltage range of VDD_xxx_CAP

t-iishii
Contributor II

Hi,

Datasheet of each i.MX6 has an Absolute Maximum Ratings for each VDD_xxx_CAP signal.

But it has no operating range for it. Only minimal value is in comment of each VDD_xxx_IN.

•  LDO Output Set Point (VDD_ARM_CAP) = 1.225 V minimum for operation up to 996MHz.
  • LDO Output Set Point (VDD_ARM_CAP) = 1.150 V minimum for operation up to 792MHz.
  • LDO Output Set Point (VDD_ARM_CAP) = 1.125 V minimum for operation up to 396MHz.
  • VPU ≤ 328 MHz, VDD_SOC and VDD_PU LDO outputs (VDD_SOC_CAP and VDD_PU_CAP) = 1.225 V6 maximum and 1.15 V minimum.

The other hands, another documents and community comment has a different value for VDD_xxx_CAP.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/440329 

Which is a correct answer of the operating range for VDD_xxx_CAP?

Best regards,

Ishii.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

t-iishii
Contributor II

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for your information.

I will see the datasheet and check Linux driver for the recommended settings if needed.

Best regards,

Ishii

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please use the Table, named “Operating Ranges” in the corresponding DataSheets

and footnotes under the Table for allowed voltages ranges.

The maximum VDD_xxx_CAP values may be taken from the Table for the case
“Run mode: LDO bypassed”.

Note, the recommended settings may be found as Linux CPU frequency working
point settings in the DTS files. Please refer to Chapter 23 [CPU Frequency Scaling
(CPUFREQ) Driver] of i.MX Linux® Reference Manual.

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_2.0.0-LINUX-DOCS&Parent_nodeId=133769948107170617... 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos