GDB lock file/attribute

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDB lock file/attribute

jstark
Contributor II

I'm using KDS-3.2.0 under 64-bit Linux (Linux Mint 17.3, based upon Ubuntu 14.04.1) to develop for a MK22DX128 board of my own design, using a P & E Multilink Universal adapter. As of a few days ago, progress was good, however I've hit a snag which I cannot resolve. When I attempt to launch a debug session, I see the following message: "Failed to launch GDB server. Please check that another instance of pegdbserver_console.exe is not running." I've searched the process table for any instance of gdb to confirm that there is no such process running. Rebooting the computer has also not been effective in resolving the problem. I presume that a lock file or file attribute has been created somewhere which must been removed in order to move forward, however I've so far been completely unsuccessful in locating the offending data element.

This issue appears to be identical to that reported in <MPC5748G Flash Problem >. The last message in that thread indicated that the problem was similar to one described in a different thread, however I find no resolution there. The referenced thread concerned difficulties in the Windows environment, in any case.

Any assistance in getting my project back on track would be appreciated. To be clear, I've had no issues establishing communication with the board, programming the flash or making my program code work until I lost the ability to launch the debugger.

J.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jstark
Contributor II

Alice,

The information you provided appears to assume that I'm running in Windows since the path you provided doesn't make sense in a Linux environment. I did remove and reinstall KDS. Now, of course, KSD doesn't know about my project when it launches. All of my project files still exist in $HOME/Kinetis_Design_Studio. What steps do I need to perform in order to open my existing project with the newly reinstalled KDS? (In Codewarrior, one had only to open <project>.mcp, however I can't locate a similar file in my KDS project tree.) I recall reading about importing a project. Is that the procedure I need to employ?

J.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you have a new workspace, use the menu

File > Import > General > Existing projects into workspace

to re-add them to your workspace.

Erich

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello J,

Please try to reinstall the PEDrivers again, you can install it from the KDS folder :

KDS_v3\pemicro .

Or reinstall KDS .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos