How to display an image in imx6q sabre-sd lvds display?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display an image in imx6q sabre-sd lvds display?

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to display an image in the lvds display of bare metal imx6q sabre-sd. Does anyone have any simple example i can refer? 

regards,

ajmal

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajmalali,

after bitbaking fsl-image-gui or fsl-image qt5 the output must be set to LVDS by default. If you are not familiar with bitbaking Yocto images please take a look here:

Yocto Training - HOME 

The discussion below may be useful too.

No display on LVDS while running fsl-image-multimedia-full on iMX6qSabreSD 

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ajmalali
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have underlying Linux kernel. I am trying to display the image by using only bare-metal code. What all things do i need to do that ? Please Help.

Regards,

Ajmal 

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Even if there is one or the other bare metal implementation for i.MX6 flying around, NXP does not support that (anymore).

However, when we talk about bare metal we forget most of the time that there is u-boot. It is not Linux. Among other things it contains support for the LVDS display we are using in combination with our i.MX6Q SABRESD board. During startup it already shows some penguins and text. Look into this doc:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-328584 

Regards,

Bernhard.

0 Kudos