cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX7 FTM driver

jeromemathieu
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the FTM driver applicable to the iMX7.

I had a look into Kinetis 22 existing driver and it seems that they are some différences (FTM_FMS and fault management for example).

Is there a driver available somewhere ?

TIA

Jerome

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jerome,

I have built a Yocto image for imx7dsabresd and inside the build directory y found pwm-fsl-ftm.c file which is located in <build dir>/tmp/work-shared/imx7dsabresd/kernel-source/drivers/pwm.

If you are not familiar to Yocto please take a look here: Yocto Training - HOME 

You may find some other general references to timers like the one here. Reg: Using Timers in IMX 

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jeromemathieu
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

I was able to get a Yocto image. The pwm-fsl-ftm.c is about the PWM feature of the freescale flex timer (FTM).

We need a input capture dual edge mode feature. For now we are working on driver found a git storage related to the Kinetis K22 (K22P64M50S). There are some register gaps (fault management is not present in the iMX7 FTM for example). We are able to compile it but we need to check the behavior now.

Best regards

Jerome

0 Kudos

DeepakKukreja
Contributor III

Hi Jerome,

We too intend to use the FTM module of the iMX7 in Quadrature Decoder/Input capture mode and are facing some issues with the registers mentioned in the Reference Manual.  Did you have success using the FTM configured for dual edge capture? Would you be willing to help us with a few queries?

0 Kudos