Update firmware for MK20DN512VLL10 via CAN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update firmware for MK20DN512VLL10 via CAN

huyho
Contributor III

We are developing a motion control board using MK20DN512VLL10, the original project is here.

We also used Processor Expert to create CAN module then integrated to firmware. CAN communication works fine.

We plan to update firmware via CAN, we connect a computer with a CAN controller software (ie. CANUSB ) to CAN bus, every CAN node will be received the firmware package and update automatically!

How should we implement? Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Huy.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Huy Ho

Please check the documents:

KEA128 CAN Bootloader 

Kinetis Bootloader for FRDM-K64 

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/user-guides/KBTLDRDEMOUG.pdf 

Hope this information helps you
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

huyho
Contributor III

Hi Vazquez,

Thanks for your response!

Can I stand in user application mode, receive and save firmware to flash or EEPROM (via CAN) then go to bootloader mode, copy the memory to correct user application place and run it (I think this method will be better for our target)? I am going to find a way to write my hex file to flash or EEPROM. Any idea about it?

Thanks a lot!

Huy.

0 Kudos