cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WatchDog Reset After Power On reset in KEA-128

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I am facing Continuous resets after Power on Reset and If I disable WatchDog in Startup then Everything is normal, no reset occurs.I want to know why this happens??? and How come watchdog is enabled on Power on Reset???? Can you please show me the code and Documents related to it, I did not find it in User Manual???

Tags (1)
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi VIGNESH BALAJI,

Your phenomena is correct if you didn't disable the watchdog in the code after reset.

You can find it from the KEA reference manual:

pastedImage_1.png

The watchdog is enabled after reset!

If you don't want to get the watchdog reset, you can disable it in the code.

The code you can do it like this :

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

I get it, how to Disable WatchDog on Startup. I want to know how WatchDog is Enabled after reset ??? Is it a Hardware Trigger to Enable WatchDog After Reset, if so that is not Given in the User Manual ?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi VIGNESH BALAJI,

The watchdog is enabled after reset, it is the default value, and it is the chip hardware design.

Just as the picture which I give you before from the reference manual:

pastedImage_1.png

EN bit is 1(watchdog enabled) after reset, it is the chip hardware character.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos