cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP TAPE and REEL Specification

dkh
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In the documen AN3846 Section 10.2 shows generic information for tape and reel. For instance, dimension W is not defined.

Can you provide the actual tape and reel information (reel size, tape width, etc) ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

dkh
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is the NOMINAL die thickness and tolerance for this package?

The drawing is not clear if 75 and 105 are the min am max bump heights and 321 is the nominal die thickness?

csp chip.jpg

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi dennis

Just to have it on the community

Nominal is: 0.321mm.

Max is: 0.340mm.

regards

Vicente Gomez

0 Kudos

dkh
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have one more question for you.  Are the high volume production parts going to come on the exact same reel ?

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dennis

Yes, only the customer need to use  Preferred Order Quantity (POQ) that for this part is 5000, so the customer needs to order 5000 or 10k o 20 k etc

Regards

Vicente 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dennis Hicks,

About the size information, from the document AN3846 you can find :

Tape-and-Reel
– Freescale complies with EIA-481B and EIA-481C for carrier Tape-and-Reel configuration. See Figure 9 and Figure 10.
– Freescale complies to Pin 1 orientation of devices with EIA-481D
– Tape-and-Reels are NOT designed to be baked at high temperatures

I find the according standard document, you can find the size information, I found EIA-481C after search it, I have attached it, you can check it.

For the detail product tape and reel size, you need give me the chip part number, then I will help you to check it with our according department,  I find we are colleagues, you also can ask the detail chip tape and reel size in our internal MCU community.

Wish it helps you!
Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi please check the attached file this is the spec for the specific part.

regards

Vicente Gomez

0 Kudos