Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5746C FCCU fault injection issues

Jump to solution
ddt_1793
Contributor II

Dear XNP,

Some background information:

I am trying to create a fake fault to check FCCU configuration. In manual reference, I found that register "FCCU_NCFF" can inject the fault source and trigger FCCU module. But when I set it, nothing happened.

I can sure that FCCU is configured properly, I am using example code fromMPC574xP - FCCU configuration guide, and I saw the content of FCCU configuration register are changed.

I have tried to debug and found that "FCCU_NCFF" is not available in register map (SFRs window), see the following pics for more detail:

174153_174153.png2017-01-09_16h20_06.png

174154_174154.png2017-01-09_16h17_33.png

Are there any mistake?

Thanks for your support.

Tung Dao.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The fault injection is working as expected.

Example: as you can see after reset no fault are latched in MPC574xC.

pastedImage_1.png

Now I will insert NCF[6] via FCCU NCFF register: set its value to 0x6. NCFF is available.

pastedImage_2.png

As you can see the fault is successfully injected and latched in FCCU NCFS_0 register.

There is just no issue so I don't know what to explain.

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ddt_1793
Contributor II

Any help, please. petervlna

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I will try to explain it.

1. Not all faults can be injected. Some can be inserted only via module itself (like PMC). To see which can and which cannot be injected look at table Table 72-2. FCCU non-critical fault mapping in reference manual.

2. Before fault injecting configure FCCU to react on that particular fault in FCCU_NCF_CFG, FCCU_NCFS_CFG and FCCU_NCF_E0.

3. Insert the fault via NCFF register.

4. If you have not configured reset reaction on fault you can immediately see the fault in FCCU_NCF_Sx registers. To read this fault you need to set OPS to 10. Otherwise FCCU_NCF_Sx registers will return always 0 and you wont be able to see the latched faults.

Hope it answers your questions.

Peter

0 Kudos
ddt_1793
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.

I am using "MPC5744P_FCCU_fault_injection" example code so I can sure FCCU is configured properly After injecting all fault via "FCCU_NCFFs" (setting 0xFFFFFFFF for all) I have checked the "FCCU_NCF_Sx" but didn't see any change on it.

One more thing, I didn't see the "FCCU_NCFF" in register map. Is it available in MPC5746C MCU? any explain for this concern.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The fault injection is working as expected.

Example: as you can see after reset no fault are latched in MPC574xC.

pastedImage_1.png

Now I will insert NCF[6] via FCCU NCFF register: set its value to 0x6. NCFF is available.

pastedImage_2.png

As you can see the fault is successfully injected and latched in FCCU NCFS_0 register.

There is just no issue so I don't know what to explain.

Peter

ddt_1793
Contributor II

You are right, it's working correctly. I assigned all values from 0 to 127 into "FCCU_NCFF" and I got changes on "FCCU_NCF_Sx" registers.

Thanks for your support.

Tung Dao.

0 Kudos