cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USING LPC-Link2 as Probe for LPC11U024FBD64/401

timothymasters
Contributor II

I am a first time user of LCPXpresso.  Here is my debug scenario:

1. My target hardware is using a LPC11U024FBD64/401 device.

2. Using a LPC-Link2 for a probe to download code into the target. It is successfully identified in LPCXPRESSO as:

LPC-LINK2 CMIS-DAP V5.173

3. Connected the SWDIO, SWCLK, and ground from the target to the signals on the LPC-Link2 identified as                               JTAG_TMS_SWDIO, JTAG_TCK_SWCLK and GND respectively.

4.  A virgin DUT successfully enumerates on a PC via the USB as a MSD and I see this file as contents of the enumerated:

CRP DISABLD (E:)   with file:    firmware.BIN

5.  Launching the debug of a simple routine that blinks visible LED's on GPIO results in the following errors with supporting

pictures attached to this message:

Console Message:

LPCXpresso RedlinkMulti Driver v8.2 (Jun 30 2016 17:49:07  - crt_emu_cm_redlink build 723)

Failed on connect:  Ee(36). Could not connect to core.

No Connection to emulator device

Error reported by target (Window message)

02: Failed on connect

Could not connect to core.

31: No connector to emulator device

Problem Occurred (Window message)

'Launching project_name has encountered a problem.

Error in final launch sequence

Questions:

1.  Is there anything basically wrong with my setup?

2.  I was hoping to use the probe to debug the code and program the flash on the target. Are either of these     processes possible given my setup?

Second Issue:

Assuming that I cannot program the target with the probe using the processes described above, is there are way to create a "firmware.BIN" file from the "project_name.axf" file?

Thanks for the help

Tim

tim@iamtouchelectronics.com

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From your description, I suspect that your issue with making a debug connection is that you have the ISP pin permanently low. See the debug considerations FAQ for more details : https://community.nxp.com/thread/388998 

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Also, from within the LPCXpresso IDE Project explorer. Locate the projects .axf file (located within the Debug or Release folder). Right click on the .axf file and select Binary Utilities -> Create Binary.

Yours,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Yes, lpc-link2 can be used with lpc1102.

From your description I would suggest you have a debug circuit issue. Try reading this FAQ for more info

https://community.nxp.com/message/630601 

0 Kudos